Studs Unlimited manufactures structural and nonstructural steel framing products
ranging from 25 to 12 gauge, 1-5/8" to 14" web depths, and 1-1/4" to 3" flange
widths. For our complete product line and specifications, download:
- Studs Unlimited Product Guide
- Cold-Formed Metal Framing (Section 054000)
- Metal Framing for Gypsum Board Assemblies (Section 092600)
Studs Unlimited is certified by the Steel Framing Industry Association (SFIA).
Our structural and nonstructural steel framing products:
- comply with ASTM requirements C645 (drywall) and C955 (structural);
- are formed from steel with a minimum yield stress of 33 ksi or 50 ksi; and
- meet the 1996 Edition of the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI).
Steel structural framing offers many benefits over wood framing, including:
- consistent dimensions, resulting in straighter and stronger walls and floors
- superior strength, allowing for longer floor spans and taller walls
- noncombustible assemblies
- galvanized coating (no shrinking, warping, rotting, splitting or termite damage)
- knockouts (utility holes) to ease installation of pipe and conduit
- light-weight, reducing handling cost and fatigue
Studs Unlimited framing products are manufactured from recycled, galvanized steel,
which can help you achieve LEED certification.